MidOpt Neutral Density Filters serves as “sunglasses” for your system and can be used with monochrome or color cameras. Designed to reduce light intensity neutrally over a specific wavelength range without affecting image color or contrast.
- Available in a variety of optical densities
- Reduce light intensity while maintaining a wide aperture and shallow depth of field. Every 0.3 density increment equals one f-stop
- Minimize pixel saturation
- Can be stacked with other Neutral Density Filters to test various optical densities
- Exceptional surface quality; 40/20 scratch/dig
ND Series – Visible (VIS) Spectrum
- Absorptive filter effective from 425-675nm
- Available in optical densities ranging from 0.10-6.0
Ni Series – Broad Spectrum; VIS/NIR
- Low reflectivity filter effective from 400-2000nm
- Available in optical densities ranging from 0.3-2.0
- Coated on low-expansion, heat-resistant Borofloat® glass
MOUNT & SIZE OPTIONS: In-stock, ready-to-ship Neutral Density Filters are available in Threaded Mounts, sizes M13.25 to M105; 25.4® C-Mount; Slip Mounts; or Unmounted. Custom shapes and sizes are available. NEUTRAL DENSITY FILTER APPLICATIONS: Applications include imaging in intense lighting situations (i.e. molten metal and welding), outdoor aerial imaging and photography. Neutral Density Filters help reduce shutter speed to create blur, preventing a “jello” effect in aerial imaging.